Monday 7 May 2012

LOG


Date
Comments On Work
12/09/2011
Today I was introduced to new unit called extended project. I found out that this project is giving students opportunity to do whatever they are interested in and they are good at. Therefore I started to think about what I will do and in what media discipline I will get the best results. I did rough brain storms.
19/09/2011
This afternoon I manage to finalize my idea about photography and art and find the books in library about the chosen topic which is the fashion photography. I also came up with initial idea of the question I would like to answer at the end of my project ’’Can fashion photography be represented in art form?’’.
In addition I learned about the plagiarism; how to avoid it as well as how to make my research references acceptable.
26/09/2011
This lessons I sacrifices to research books that are related to my topic and will gave me more information about my chosen subject. I borrowed one book (Richard Martin (April 1991) The Idealizing Vision) in order to look through it and find good comments and points associated to my question.
03/10/2011
Today as I already started to write the analysis to the book I mentioned before I finished my written research and I tried to focus on art photography only. I research on the internet about art photography and what its characteristics are. I also started to write an explanation for it, however I didn’t had time to finish it, so I decided to continue with my work next week.
10/10/2011
I began with completion of the work I have started earlier, but as I had plenty of time I went to library in order to borrow one of the books I already researched before (Edited by Eugenie Shinkle (2008) Fashion as Photography, Viewing and Reviewing Images of Fashion). I read the book, making notes in form of bullet points to remember the parts I have to consider in my critical thinking work. 
17/10/2011
This afternoon I have add to my critical thinking research more information and valid points this time from different book looking from different prospective.
24/10/2011
Today I decided that I am ready to write the proposal form and formal proposal for my extended project. I didn’t do it earlier as I was advised to don’t write it unless I will  be sure that this is what I want to explore for my work on for next half a year.
Firstly I have written my proposal form including details like: resources, activities that I need undertake, timescale and objectives, targets that I want to achieve at the end.
Next I did my proposal explaining what I am going to produce, how and why I want to do it.  
31/10/2011
I spend a lot of time in library again finding out more information about my topic. I discovered book by  Aaron Scharf (25 October 1990) Art and Photography, Penguin Books Ltd, Photography as art; art as photography pg.233-242. So again I read it and came up with my critical review.
07/11/2011
Today I was looking at photographing in the professional studio, also how to cheaply create my own studio at home. Particularly I have looked at the equipment’s and functions to educate myself a bit more in this area in case I will came up with project that will require studio use.
14/11/2011
This day was all to do with finding an inspirations form other existing products. So I thought the good idea would be to look at exclusive magazines with fashion themes as they always are using the unusual ways to present clothes on images; they are more artistic than in normal magazines or catalogues with clothes to sell. However it is also depending on the brand of the clothing as well. Therefore I scanned few pictures and I tried to analyse them and find the positive sides about them and what message is behind the photo. To make my work easier later on and to be able to think about my photos in analytical way too; it is very crucial for this project in order to answer my question.
21/11/2011
This lesson I gave up to research some well-known photographers who are using the art fashion photography in their photos. I have chosen my favourites fours who’s styles are different to each other. I did it on purpose so that I have the examples of variety of work which can inspire my project. In addition I made the PowerPoint presentation about those photographers and their photos.
28/11/2011
Today I came up with questionnaire that will show me what audience portray as art fashion photography and which style reflect it in the best way. Then I will be able to start my own planning as I will gain my stimuli by results of this questionnaire.
05/12/2011
I investigated the results of the questionnaires that I gave out to people and I came up with outcomes in form of graphs as well as written comments.
17/12/2011
Today I planned my first photo-shoot and I arranged it with my friend who will be my model. I decided to make images in the night time to get inventive lights effects. Due to the lack of permissions to any fancy location I came to a decision to do my photo-shoot outside; like a street fashion. 
9/01/2012photoshoot1
Before the photo-shoot I prepared the model, by choosing the matching clothes to my vision and doing her hair as well as make-up. When my model was fitting into my condition we went to the previously agreed location. We did the photo-shoot, but I faced a lot of problems managing with camera settings. However I achieved the effects I wanted.
12/01/2012
Today I reviewed all the photos from the photo-shoot and I asked my peers for the opinions; what could be improved in them. A lot of people approved my worries about the location. They suggested that images would be more interesting in indoor location due to the fact that many photographers used the normal streets as their background. Once I have selected my final images, I manipulated them in Photoshop. I directed my main focus on contrast and colour vibrancies. So I increased contract to sharpen the photo as well saturation to make the colours stand out more.
15/01/2012
Today I tried to research more about art fashion photography and connections to advertising photography. I did some searches on Google and I have written a mini report about my finding. Moreover I have planned my next Photoshop with the consideration of all the improvements proposed by my colleagues.
16/01/2012 photoshoot2
On my second photo-shoot again I prepared my model, but this time I have arranged permission to do the photo-shoot inside one of the pubs in Reading as I was there before and I found this place really interesting where it comes to playing a role as a background in fashion art photography. The photo-shoot went smooth with no bigger issues. 
23/01/2012
I repeated the tasks I did after first photo-shoot.
30/01/2012
Today I decided to experiment with another idea and I was looking for an inspiration for it. I came up with concept of a stylish teenage girl wondering on a field. To gain the unusual effect of a seed heads of grasses and my model inside them.
03/02/2012photoshoot3
This time I wasn’t really looking at the perfect hair and make-up. My attention was directed at clothes and accessories. Unfortunately the weather was poor and sometimes raining which made my job more difficult, but I finished the photo-shoot with good results. 
13/02/2012
Once more I analysed my photos what went bad and what features were good. I asked about opinion again. Majority of people liked my idea with seed heads of grasses; unluckily they didn’t found those pictures really artistic so that next time I have to pay my attention to it a bit more.
05/03/2012
On today’s lesson I planned my final photo-shoot. My inspirations came from the paintings of Lady of Shallot, I think it will look artistic, interesting and it will refer to fashion as well.
Then I chose my location by for and against system as I had two in my mind. I decided to do photo-shoot outside and the weather improved a lot. Also I considered the costume for my model and how I want her to look like, I came up with idea to take my old dress and cut off the sleeves and shorten the length a bit. I also thought to buy roses and put them into my model’s head.
11/03/2012 final photoshoot
On the day of my final photo-shoot I styled my model in the best possible way. The time I have sped to do her hair and make-up was nearly the same amount in which I have taken the photo-shoot. I think it was worth it, because in my opinion the photos relate to my question a lot and showing my photographic skills well too. The only problem I faced while doing the shoot was the sun shining to bright, however as I noticed before it was sunny today I took my light reflector with me and I directed the light from sun on my model what gave me really professional looking photos.
12/03/2012
I repeated the same things over again what I did after pervious photo-shoots; this time I didn’t ask for opinion I went straight to editing the photos. After they were ready then I asked about feedback which was extremely optimistic.
19/03/2012
This day I scarified to write up an evaluation of my work. In addition I have mounted my pictures onto a cream photographic board in order to present them in more professional way.
26/03/2012
Today I prepared everything for my exhibition. I printed off my presentation and I putted my mounted board with my final images onto the display board. It will be visible for audience and be more pleasant to look at.
27/03/2012
On the day of the exhibition I have arrived 15 minutes earlier to be able to welcome the guests. I was standing near the work I produced to be able to answer the questions from the audience. I gain really positive feedback about my photos which made my day a lot better.



No comments:

Post a Comment